Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Extract text from text message and update the filename

Explorer

Hello,

I have a websocket on which I receive a text message (listenWebsocket Processor) , I want to put the whole text message as an attribute into the FetchFile processor.

I want to call the value of this extracted attribute in the filepath of the processor?  ExtractText works well, the data provenance shows that there's an new attribute after ExtractText has run, but the attribute value is not set into the file path in the FetchFile Processor ?? What's wrong, did I miss some configuration? A custom attribute is called ${attributename} , right?

Thanks a lot for your help

Henriette

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

The solution is that, after ExtractText I need an UpdateAttribute Processor which stores the attribute from ExtractText permanently.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

The solution is that, after ExtractText I need an UpdateAttribute Processor which stores the attribute from ExtractText permanently.

Super Mentor

@Jette 

There is no need for the updateAttribute processor here, unless there are some missing details to this issue.

The extractText processor already permanently adds any created attribute to the FlowFile it outputs.  The dynamic property name used becomes the FlowFile attribute name.

Matt