Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to install services on all nodes

Contributor

stderr:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/hdfs_client.py", line 120, in <module> HdfsClient().execute()

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 218, in execute method(env)

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/hdfs_client.py", line 34, in install self.install_packages(env, params.exclude_packages)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 376, in install_packages Package(name)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__ self.env.run()

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 152, in run self.run_action(resource, action)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 118, in run_action provider_action() File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 45, in action_install self.install_package(package_name, self.resource.use_repos, self.resource.skip_repos)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/yumrpm.py", line 49, in install_package shell.checked_call(cmd, sudo=True, logoutput=self.get_logoutput())

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner result = function(command, **kwargs)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call raise Fail(err_msg)

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'hadoop_2_3_*'' returned 1. Error: Package:

zookeeper_2_3_6_0_3796-3.4.6.2.3.6.0-3796.el6.noarch

(HDP-2.3) Requires: hdp-select >= 2.3.6.0-3796

Installed: hdp-select-2.3.4.7-4.el6.noarch (@HDP-2.3.4.7)

hdp-select = 2.3.4.7-4.el6

Error: Package: hadoop_2_3_6_0_3796-2.7.1.2.3.6.0-3796.el6.x86_64 (HDP-2.3)

Requires: hdp-select >= 2.3.6.0-3796

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Ambari 2.1.0.0 is a rather old version.

I'd suggest taking the latest & greatest: Ambari 2.4.3 & HDP 2.5.3.

You can find the Ambari install instructions here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari/Ambari-2.4.2.0/index.html

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Expert Contributor

Seems like you have hdp-select package installed from 2.3.4.7 release while you are trying to install 2.3.6.0.

Please provide further info to bring this problem into resolution:

Are you trying to update from 2.3.4.7 to 2.3.6.0 ?

Or have you installed manually 2.3.4.7's hdp-select tool?

Expert Contributor

Seems like you have hdp-select package installed from 2.3.4.7 release while you are trying to install 2.3.6.0.

Please provide further info to bring this problem into resolution:

Are you trying to update from 2.3.4.7 to 2.3.6.0 ?

Or have you installed manually 2.3.4.7's hdp-select tool?

Contributor

This is fresh installation of Ambari 2.1 with HDP 2.3. I am using Ambari to install the HDP services.

There was typo from my side under Select Stack --> Advance Repository options for red hat 6 OS with HDP 2.3 version the base url is pointing http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.3.6.0. I corrected the location ass per hdp.repo located under /etc/yum.repo.d/ to use http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.3.4.7.

However, after correcting the base url location I am still getting same issue.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/application_timeline_server.py", line 147, in <module>
    ApplicationTimelineServer().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 218, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/application_timeline_server.py", line 38, in install
    self.install_packages(env)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 376, in install_packages
    Package(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 152, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 118, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 45, in action_install
    self.install_package(package_name, self.resource.use_repos, self.resource.skip_repos)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/yumrpm.py", line 49, in install_package
    shell.checked_call(cmd, sudo=True, logoutput=self.get_logoutput())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'hadoop_2_3_*-yarn'' returned 1. Error: Package: zookeeper_2_3_6_0_3796-3.4.6.2.3.6.0-3796.el6.noarch (HDP-2.3)
Error: Package: hadoop_2_3_6_0_3796-2.7.1.2.3.6.0-3796.el6.x86_64 (HDP-2.3)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sachin A

Expert Contributor

You have changed the repo from 2.3.6.0 to point to 2.3.4.7, which is an older release.

This should not be necessary (unless you want that particular version).

I'd suggest reverting your change and go with the default.

If it is a fresh installation I'd suggest trying our latest release: HDP-2.5.3.

You'll get tons of fixes, new features and a warm feeling of being up-to-date.

Contributor

I downloaded the hdp.repo from http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_hdp_stack_rep....

Is this not a correct location?

Please advise,

Thank you,

Expert Contributor

Ambari 2.1.0.0 is a rather old version.

I'd suggest taking the latest & greatest: Ambari 2.4.3 & HDP 2.5.3.

You can find the Ambari install instructions here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari/Ambari-2.4.2.0/index.html

Contributor

I am preparing for HDPCA exam which is based on Ambari 2.1 version.

Sachin, another alternative to using the latest Ambari is to use an AWS Practice exam for HDPCA (click here for info: http://hortonworks.com/training/certification/hdpca-certification/). This AWS environment is based on the same Ambari version as the actual exam. For exam questions please write to certification@hortonworks.com

Contributor

As I have installed ambari server and agent, no HDP services, is there any document available to clean up ambari 2.1?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sachin A