Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed to run CDSW secrets, persistent volumes, persistent volume claim, and Ingress check on Worker-Nodes

Contributor

I installed successfully CDSW 1.6 on 1 Master-Node and 2 Worker-Nodes. Unfortunately I get on both of the Worker-Nodes these error messages when I check the nodes with cdsw status:

(On the Master-Node there are no error messages)

Failed to run CDSW secrets check.
Failed to run CDSW persistent volumes check.
Failed to run CDSW persistent volumes claims check.
Failed to run CDSW Ingresses check.
Checking web at url: http://workbench.company.com
OK: HTTP port check
Cloudera Data Science Workbench is not ready yet

I couldn't see any drawbacks till this time and everything seems working quite nice. But I'm interested why I get these error messages and what they mean.
Can someone help please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi Baris,

Yeah, you were correct there won't be any issue having those checks failed in worker nodes.

When you ran CDSW status commands the following checks are useful in Master node

like ingress controller which is required in your master node and run as part of the Kube-controller-manager binary.
Failing these checks in your worker node will not cause you problems.

Regards,
Bhuvan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

Hi Baris,

Yeah, you were correct there won't be any issue having those checks failed in worker nodes.

When you ran CDSW status commands the following checks are useful in Master node

like ingress controller which is required in your master node and run as part of the Kube-controller-manager binary.
Failing these checks in your worker node will not cause you problems.

Regards,
Bhuvan

Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply and answer @Bhuv