Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Failed to start Cloudera Manager Agent on AWS with error: No socket could be created on 9000 port

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: Failed to start Cloudera Manager Agent on AWS with error: No socket could be created on 9000 por

Explorer

I check python -m SimpleHTTPServer 9000 and returned "Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 9000 ..."

My /etc/hosts as below

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
Pub-IP-server1   Pub-DNS-server1   Private-DNS-server1   Private-IP-server1   alias-server1
Pub-IP-server2   Pub-DNS-server2   Private-DNS-server2   Private-IP-server2   alias-server2

Re: Failed to start Cloudera Manager Agent on AWS with error: No socket could be created on 9000 por

New Contributor

My issue got resolved when I commented out any changes I made in .etc/hosts file and used the one that was out-of-the-box with no changes... give it a shot and let me know

Explorer
Hi, i have some prob like this,
can you show me real example for fil /etc/hosts and file /etc/sysconfig/network

think u

Explorer

hi, i havesome prob like this,

can you please show me file /etc/hosts , and /etc/sysconfig/network.

think you for your help.

Explorer

I'm able to resolve this issue. 

In my case IP address is incorrect in /etc/hosts file. Once corrected able to add host successfully.

Thanks,

Meher