Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Failed with exception MetaException(message:Invalid partition key & values; keys [feed_date, ], values []) FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

Guru

Hello frndz,

Can you please help me to understand below error.

Actually when I am doing union all join with two tables and creating one table with the help of this join then I am getting below error on tez execution engine.

Failed with exception MetaException(message:Invalid partition key & values; keys [feed_date, ], values []) FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask

But when I am running it on mr then it is running fine. I am using hdp2.3.

SQL:

hive> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE clickstream_kpis.cs_android_event_lookup_tbl PARTITION (feed_date)

> SELECT a.*

> FROM

> (SELECT hitid_high,

> hitid_low,

> event_number,

> feed_date

> FROM clickstream_db.clickstream_android LATERAL VIEW explode(SPLIT (post_event_list,','))expld AS event_number

> WHERE feed_date BETWEEN '2016-01-01' AND '2016-01-31'

> AND post_event_list IS NOT NULL

> UNION ALL SELECT hitid_high,

> hitid_low,

> post_event_list AS event_number,

> feed_date

> FROM clickstream_db.clickstream_android

> WHERE feed_date BETWEEN '2016-01-01' AND '2016-01-31'

> AND post_event_list IS NULL)a;

Query ID = hdpbatch_20160304145048_5262fb30-6ed6-4a7c-ad5d-ca30a1bc57d6

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

Guru

Yes @Neeraj Sabharwal: I am using Hive 1.2.1 and it seems it has been fixed in Hive 1.2.1 and higher version as per jira.But I am getting this error.

Master Mentor

@Saurabh Kumar You may have to check the data...There is a chance that there is no value for feed_date

Guru

@Neeraj Sabharwal : I have checked and it has data as it is running with mr execution engine.

Master Mentor

@Saurabh Kumar You may want to open a support ticket and update that jira with your findings.

Guru

@Neeraj Sabharwal: Thanks Neeraj,

I have opened a case and working on it with support team. Let see what would be finding, I will update here if I will find solution.

New Contributor

The issue can be resolved in lower versions also by using the distribute by keyword in the query