Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Falcon HA shared NFS drive sizing

Expert Contributor

There are three directories to be on NFS mount.

Conf directory should not take much space.

I checked retry directory and it was empty. Will it be automatically cleaned up?

I checked graph storage and I had under 1 mb since I have only a few feeds. Will it keep growing as

I add more feeds? How to get a good estimation on this?

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_data_governance/content/ch_appendix_data...

• *.retry.recorder.path: This location should be an NFS-mounted directory that is owned by Falcon, and with permissions set to 755.
  • *.falcon.graph.storage.directory: This location should also be an NFS-mounted directory that is owned by Falcon, and with permissions set to 755.
  • Falcon conf directory: The default location of this directory is <falcon_home>/conf, which is symbolically linked to/etc/falcon/conf. This directory must point to an NFS-mounted directory to ensure that the changes made on the primary Falcon server are populated to the back-up server.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

1. A retry file will be created when a retry is needed and be deleted after a retry finishes.

2. Graph storage file will record all the entities and instances to provide search and lineage information. It will grow as you create entities. The space complexity will be linear to the total number of entities and instances, assuming their dependency relations are sparse.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

1. A retry file will be created when a retry is needed and be deleted after a retry finishes.

2. Graph storage file will record all the entities and instances to provide search and lineage information. It will grow as you create entities. The space complexity will be linear to the total number of entities and instances, assuming their dependency relations are sparse.