Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

File View Error: Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP

Explorer

Hi,

I'm a newbie to HDP and just set up a lab environment with 5 nodes. Installation went well but error happens when I try to upload a file with File View.

Before doing that, I created a local user as well as a home folder in HDFS for that user, using command below:

sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/test

sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -chown test:hadoop /user/test

I could then create subfolder under /user/test. However, when uploading a file I got error

Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP 192.168.199.211

Anything I may have missed? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru
@Tao ZhongTry adding "hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts" and "hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts" properties in custom core-site.xml via ambari or in the file you aren't using ambari. Restart HDFS/MapR/Yarn services.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru
@Tao ZhongTry adding "hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts" and "hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts" properties in custom core-site.xml via ambari or in the file you aren't using ambari. Restart HDFS/MapR/Yarn services.

Guru

The values should be * for both the properties.

Explorer

@srai Much appreciate your prompt answer! I fixed it by change "hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts" ambari server from "hdp1" to "*", where hdp1 is the host name of my ambari server. Any idea why at the first place only ambari server is put in here?

Guru

Thats the default entry when configuring via Ambari. This is a pain everyone goes through 🙂

Explorer

Got it! Thanks!