Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at quickstart.cloudera:8042.

Explorer

In Quickstart -  When first Installed, I was able to Start all services of HADOOP, log into HUE etc.  for the first time and ever since I activated Cloudera Manager,  the services will not start UNLESS I activate Cloudera Manager.  Is there a way to get the services started without activating Cloudera Manager again???  Please note I am doing self training, and have not found a resolution on the internet 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Cloudera Manager provides you with basic management of your cluster.

It helps in starting and stopping the services and carries out other activities.

If you are interested in running Hadoop without Cloudera Manager, you can use the vanilla CDH distribution present here : https://github.com/cloudera. The startup of the processes is a bit painful and you will need to follow the docs from apache to start the same.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Cloudera Manager provides you with basic management of your cluster.

It helps in starting and stopping the services and carries out other activities.

If you are interested in running Hadoop without Cloudera Manager, you can use the vanilla CDH distribution present here : https://github.com/cloudera. The startup of the processes is a bit painful and you will need to follow the docs from apache to start the same.

Hope this helps.

Explorer

I did some more research,  It just maybe my machine, I find 2 conditions. If I initiate Cloudera manager (terminal command : sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --express --force)  but don't actually start it.   

Hadoop and HUE works.   Also if I wait 10 minutes and start each (NameNode, ResourceManager etc.) Individually it also works.   Again it may just be my laptop 

Explorer
I could not connect to Hue at all. So I restarted all Services (tab Cloudera Manager -> arrow to the right -> Restart). The last service it restarts is Hue. Once it completes, click on tab Hue, and the "new Hue" will show.