Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Flume - Polling of data continuously

Rising Star

Hello,

I have installed and configured a websocket-type source on Flume.

It works fine...except that the data is retrieved just once (only when we start the Flume agent), and not continuously !

Is there any particular parameter to setup in order to get Flume continuously retrieving some data feed ?

thanks in advance.

LC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hello,

Actually I've fixed the issue; I have corrected the Source agent in order to re-establish the connection in case of connection cut triggered by the provider of data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

Can you provide the details of the websocket-type source? Perhaps also provide the agent configuration too.

Rising Star

Hello,

Actually I've fixed the issue; I have corrected the Source agent in order to re-establish the connection in case of connection cut triggered by the provider of data.

New Contributor

Hi @Laurent lau,

could you please provide further information how you solved it? What configuration you used, what parameters you set for source agent? What websocket plugin you used? I am struggling with the same issue, but I probably use different implementation (different websocket plugin), so the configuration parameters will be most probably different..

Rising Star

Hello,

To fix this issue, I used to stop/start the Flume process on a daily basis.

Recently we have migrated from Flume to NiFi; much more stable.

Rgds

Laurent