Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Flume - The Cloudera Manager Agent is not able to communicate with this role's web server

Explorer

I've just install Flume service on my cluster using Cloudera Manager, 2 of my agents is working but i got 1 agent bad health with bad health : The Cloudera Manager Agent is not able to communicate with this role's web server.

This is the error log: 

org.apache.flume.node.PollingPropertiesFileConfigurationProvider : Failed to load configuration data. Exception follows.
org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Unable to load source type: com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource, class: com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource

Can someone help me with this, i'm new to Flume.

Regards,

Tu Nguyen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like you may be using an old Twitter Source which is now included standard in the apache flume distribution.  You'll need to update your source class to reflect the new location:

If your original source looks like:

TwitterAgent.sources.TwitterSource.type = com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource

Please change it to:
TwitterAgent.sources.TwitterSource.type=org.apache.flume.source.twitter.TwitterSource

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It looks like you may be using an old Twitter Source which is now included standard in the apache flume distribution.  You'll need to update your source class to reflect the new location:

If your original source looks like:

TwitterAgent.sources.TwitterSource.type = com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource

Please change it to:
TwitterAgent.sources.TwitterSource.type=org.apache.flume.source.twitter.TwitterSource

Contributor

I followed the suggestion and put the code in my flume.conf, it looks like:

#TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.type = com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource

It prompts that there is no type for sources.Twitter

I then modified it to:

TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.type=org.apache.flume.source.twitter.TwitterSource
#TwitterAgent.sources.Twitter.type = com.cloudera.flume.source.TwitterSource

no more complain for " no type for sources.Twitter" but the original error appears again:

Screenshot - 2016_6_28 , 16_26_42.jpg

How do I troubleshoot and fix this error?

Thanks.

New Contributor
thank you for your reply

Explorer
Hi,

Did you fix the issue?