Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Flume configuration -- solrSink MorphlineFile

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Flume configuration -- solrSink MorphlineFile

New Contributor

In the cloudera manager/flume configuration, I did the following for the agent

Specified the Flume-NG solrSink contents -- copy/pasted my morphline configuration into that editor.

In the flume configuration, specified the sink as solrSink -- for the solrSink, I just specified the morphlineId and removed the morphlineFile, since I had pasted my morphline configuration into the Flume-NF Solr Sink section.

I get missing parameter 'morphlineFile' error.  What value should I have for morphlineFile in the flume configuration for solrSink.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Flume configuration -- solrSink MorphlineFile

Cloudera Employee

You can use the $ZK_HOST param *inside of the* Morphlines Config file, not *as the* morphlines config file.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New Contributor

Agreed and I understand the use of $ZK_HOST inside Morphlines File.

Earlier what I was missing was what value should I use for the morphlineFile property in flume configuration (becuase I am specifying the morphline configuration in the Morphlines File property under Flume-NG Solr Sink), but re-reading the "Using Flume with Search" pointed me in the right direction -- I had to use morphlines.conf as the value for the morphlineFile property

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

Hi Kannan,

Can you please try setting the morphlineFile property in your flume config = $ZK_HOST ?

e.g.

a1.sinks.k1.morphlineFile = $ZK_HOST

-Jeff

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

New Contributor

The referenced section 'Using Flume with Search' talks about using $ZK_HOST in the Morphlines File property instead of the zookeeper quorum and ClouderaManager will resolve it automatically.

But in the Flume conf, if I specify the morphlineFile for the solrsink  as $ZK_HOST and when I restart flume in CM, it returns an error.

File Not Found : $ZK_HOST

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

You can use the $ZK_HOST param *inside of the* Morphlines Config file, not *as the* morphlines config file.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Agreed and I understand the use of $ZK_HOST inside Morphlines File.

Earlier what I was missing was what value should I use for the morphlineFile property in flume configuration (becuase I am specifying the morphline configuration in the Morphlines File property under Flume-NG Solr Sink), but re-reading the "Using Flume with Search" pointed me in the right direction -- I had to use morphlines.conf as the value for the morphlineFile property

Thanks for your help

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here