Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Fuzzy Algorithm in Apache Spark

Contributor

Good Morning, everyone.

Before i go with my question, i will start why i need fuzzy algorithm. In my project, i use Arduino to collect some data about temperature, etc. After i collect a lot of data, i want to use Fuzzy Algorithm to predict rainfall in some area.

But, i dont find fuzzy algorithm in MLlib's Apache Spark ? What should i do ? How i can use fuzzy algorithm in HDF, or there is another way ?

Or can i use python library in Apache Spark ? ; Because i heard there are some fuzzy library in Python, maybe i can use it in Apache Spark

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Rendiyono Wahyu Saputro

Yes, you can import python libraries and use them in Spark, which supports a full Python API via the pyspark shell. For instance, if you wanted to load and use the python scikit-fuzzy library to run fuzzy logic, then you just:

1) Download python library, either using maven update to local repo, or directly via github, and add the library to your Spark classpath

2) Kick off job with pyspark shell (Example: $ pyspark --jars /path/to/scikit-fuzzy.jar )

3) Import python library in your code (Example: "import skfuzzy as fuzz")

4) Use the library

More information about scikit-fuzzy library here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikit-fuzzy

Hints about dependencies and install:

Scikit-Fuzzy depends on

• NumPy >= 1.6
  • SciPy >= 0.9
  • NetworkX >= 1.9

and is available on PyPi! The lastest stable release can always be obtained and installed simply by running

$ pip install -U scikit-fuzzy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Rendiyono Wahyu Saputro

Yes, you can import python libraries and use them in Spark, which supports a full Python API via the pyspark shell. For instance, if you wanted to load and use the python scikit-fuzzy library to run fuzzy logic, then you just:

1) Download python library, either using maven update to local repo, or directly via github, and add the library to your Spark classpath

2) Kick off job with pyspark shell (Example: $ pyspark --jars /path/to/scikit-fuzzy.jar )

3) Import python library in your code (Example: "import skfuzzy as fuzz")

4) Use the library

More information about scikit-fuzzy library here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikit-fuzzy

Hints about dependencies and install:

Scikit-Fuzzy depends on

• NumPy >= 1.6
  • SciPy >= 0.9
  • NetworkX >= 1.9

and is available on PyPi! The lastest stable release can always be obtained and installed simply by running

$ pip install -U scikit-fuzzy