Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting ThreadPoolRequestReplicator warning in NiFi-1.1.0

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I recently began receiving this warning in my nifi cluster:

WARN [Replicate Request Thread-10] o.a.n.c.c.h.r.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator Response time from node was slow for each of the last 3 requests made. To see more information about timing, enable DEBUG logging for org.apache.nifi.cluster.coordination.http.replication.ThreadPoolRequestReplicator.

I am using a 4 node cluster and I am running NiFi version NiFi-1.1.0. I had never seen this warning before and I am unsure of what is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this sudden warning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
@Adda Fuentes it is simply an indication that a specific node seems to be responding more slowly than others. If you keep seeing that warning for a specific node, then it may be worth looking into why that specific node is taking longer than the others. If you are seeing good performance and the UI is responding within a reasonable amount of time, you can ignore the warning. However, since requests are replicated across the cluster, if any of the nodes starts to behave poorly, the responsiveness of the UI can suffer. This warning is intended to point you in the right direction to find out why the application responsiveness is degrading.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor
@Adda Fuentes it is simply an indication that a specific node seems to be responding more slowly than others. If you keep seeing that warning for a specific node, then it may be worth looking into why that specific node is taking longer than the others. If you are seeing good performance and the UI is responding within a reasonable amount of time, you can ignore the warning. However, since requests are replicated across the cluster, if any of the nodes starts to behave poorly, the responsiveness of the UI can suffer. This warning is intended to point you in the right direction to find out why the application responsiveness is degrading.

Expert Contributor

@mpayne thanks, this clarifies a lot!