Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Getting VirtualBox Error while importing Virtual Appliance

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Getting VirtualBox Error while importing Virtual Appliance

New Contributor

I downloaded the HDP 2.3.2 sandbox. Following that I am trying to import the Virual Appliance into the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager. I keep getting the following errors. The site says the sandbox file is supposed to be 8.5G but the downloaded file is only 2G. Can someone please help? Thanks a lot.

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\HDP_2.3.2_virtualbox.ova.
Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\xxxxxxx\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk'.
VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C:\Windows\system32\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).
Result Code: 
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: 
ApplianceWrap
Interface: 
IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Getting VirtualBox Error while importing Virtual Appliance

A couple of things. 1. The file must have only partially downloaded. 2. You downloaded the vmdk for vmware. You'll need to select the download for VirtualBox. The file will have a .ova extension.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

A couple of things. 1. The file must have only partially downloaded. 2. You downloaded the vmdk for vmware. You'll need to select the download for VirtualBox. The file will have a .ova extension.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Correction. You have the right file. Try downloading again. I think your download is corrupted.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I had the same problem , I downloaded he HDP 2.3.2 sandbox two times and it is in the correct size, where I am using the VirualBox Version 5.0.14 , I download the .ova file using Free Download Manager

Highlighted

New Contributor

check this video for solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNebUgKxKqw

Highlighted

New Contributor

What you mean by tune compression

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Scott Shaw, Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I have tried downloading it about 4 times now. The first 3 times were yesterday over VPN. Today I retried over LAN. For some reason the download seems to be terminating exactly when the file size reaches 2G. Please help.

Highlighted

Are you using a corporate network? Maybe there is a download restriction?

Highlighted

New Contributor

I have tried via LAN from corporate network, corporate network via VPN and direct internet via my ISP. All the downloads completed/terminated when the file size reached 2G.

Highlighted

Do you have file compression turned on the C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\ directory? Double check disk space too.