Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting error: Does not have any input ports for Remote Process Group.

Hi

I am trying to send data from one nifi to another nifi (which are working in different nodes) using remote process group. So i created one remote process group and mention the url of other nifi host. Now whenever i am trying to connect a getfile or generate flowfile with this RPG its giving me error that it does not have input ports for RPG. I have configured the nifi.properties file as mentioned in here https://nifi.apache.org/minifi/getting-started.html and mention the site to site port number but it still not working.

I am attaching some screenshots regarding my problem. Hoping for a solution.

nifi1.png

nifi2.png

nifi3.png

Thanks in Advance.

Pratik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Pratik Ghatak

The NiFi instance/cluster with the Remote Process Group (RPG) is acting as the client and the target Nifi instance/Cluster is acting as the server in this Site-To-Site (S2S) connection. Your Target NiFi configuration you shared shows taht you have S2S setup to support both the RAW and HTTP transport protocols.

It also appears from your screenshots that the initial connection between your two NiFis is working correctly. The error you are seeing indicates that you have not added any remote input ports on the target NiFi's canvas to receive a FlowFIles from the source NiFi.

On the target NiFi, you will need to add one or more "input ports":

42720-screen-shot-2017-11-22-at-110518-am.png

Input ports added at the root/top level process group are considered "Remote input ports" and can be used to receive data over S2S.

After you add these "remote input ports" to your target Nifi's canvas, you can right click on your source NiFi RPG and select "refresh" from the context menu that appears (or you can just wait for next auto-refresh at 30 seconds). Now you should be able to see those remote input ports when you drag a connection to the RPG.

Thank you,
Matt

If you find this information has addressed your question/issue, please take a moment to click "Accept" beneath the Answer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor
@Pratik Ghatak

The NiFi instance/cluster with the Remote Process Group (RPG) is acting as the client and the target Nifi instance/Cluster is acting as the server in this Site-To-Site (S2S) connection. Your Target NiFi configuration you shared shows taht you have S2S setup to support both the RAW and HTTP transport protocols.

It also appears from your screenshots that the initial connection between your two NiFis is working correctly. The error you are seeing indicates that you have not added any remote input ports on the target NiFi's canvas to receive a FlowFIles from the source NiFi.

On the target NiFi, you will need to add one or more "input ports":

42720-screen-shot-2017-11-22-at-110518-am.png

Input ports added at the root/top level process group are considered "Remote input ports" and can be used to receive data over S2S.

After you add these "remote input ports" to your target Nifi's canvas, you can right click on your source NiFi RPG and select "refresh" from the context menu that appears (or you can just wait for next auto-refresh at 30 seconds). Now you should be able to see those remote input ports when you drag a connection to the RPG.

Thank you,
Matt

If you find this information has addressed your question/issue, please take a moment to click "Accept" beneath the Answer.

@Matt Clarke

Thanks Matt, thanks for your reply.

I have solved the problem, I was doing it wrong. I placed the input port in a process group, that is why its was not creating any input ports for the source RPG. Now I placed the input port in the main ui page and it created the remote input port for RPG in source.Thanks...

Now I have couple more questions:

If we want to transmit data from multiple sources then how to distinguish which flow is coming from which source in target? Is there any way to create multiple input ports in target and customize the flow to send the data to different flows or it will just send all the data from various sources to a single input port and if this is the process then how to distinguish which flow is coming from which source and filter the flow to different flows. And is there any way to create target job in a process group?

Thank You Again. 🙂

New Contributor

After you create multiple input ports in the NiFi, when you link your processor with your RPG, it will promote for you to choose which input port to use with selection list "to input".