Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HBase Master: Failed to become active master

Solved Go to solution

Re: HBase Master: Failed to become active master

Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

This command will remove ALL HBase data... Snapshots, tables, WALs, etc. So be very careful with it.

JMS

New Contributor

so when the above command delete everything i will lost all HBASE tables/WAL's. Is the above steps recommened in Production environment?

Contributor

It depends what you want to achieve, right? If you goal is to repair your production cluster, then it might be relevant. If you goal is just to test and see  what it does, then what ever command it is, it should not be tested in production?

Basically, the command just does what I described. It deletes everything. It's you to decide if it's relevent for your production environment or not. If you goal is just to drop a table, or all tables, then the shell is better.

Are you facing any issue with your production environment?

New Contributor

No...we don't have any issues so far with HBASE. I am just trying to understand the concept of it.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Explorer

Hello,

If the data was present for the same issue, then what is the best way of sollution ?

Can you please help me.

Thanks

Contributor

Hi Vinod,

Can you please start a different thread and share your Master logs with us?

JMS

New Contributor

This Helped a lot of time and effort.. Thanks a lot..

New Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this, getting this error and HBase master is getting after every successfull restart.

Could not obtain block: BP-892504517-172.31.16.10-1537889422648:blk_1073741826_1002 file=/hbase/hbase.version No live nodes contain current block Block locations: Dead nodes: . Throwing a BlockMissingException

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.refetchLocations(DFSInputStream.java:1040)         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.chooseDataNode(DFSInputStream.java:1023)         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.chooseDataNode(DFSInputStream.java:1002)         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.blockSeekTo(DFSInputStream.java:642)         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.readWithStrategy(DFSInputStream.java:895)         at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSInputStream.read(DFSInputStream.java:954)         at java.io.DataInputStream.read(DataInputStream.java:149)         at org.apache.hadoop.io.IOUtils.readFully(IOUtils.java:201)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getVersion(FSUtils.java:606)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:689)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.checkRootDir(MasterFileSystem.java:500)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.createInitialFileSystemLayout(MasterFileSystem.java:169)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.<init>(MasterFileSystem.java:144)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishActiveMasterInitialization(HMaster.java:704)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.access$500(HMaster.java:194)         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster$1.run(HMaster.java:1834)         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Contributor

Hi Ayush,

Have you tied to run hdfs fsdk / ?

JM

New Contributor

Hi jmspaggi,

Thanks alot for your reply.

I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling Hbase alone.

Regards

Ayush

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here