Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HBase Regions In Transition

Explorer

HI all,
I m using HBase with HDP 3.1.0. Ambari shows that a total of 63 Regions are in transition. This RIT issue is causing problems for other dependent application. Is there a way to fix this without deleting any data/directory?
Also, hbck is not working with HBase 2.0.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 10.23.36 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi @smdas 

Yes, we were able to bring region servers online and the RIT count was reduced to zero.
With the help of this thread Hbase HBCK2 I was able to create the HBCK2 jar. From the Hbase Master logs (or UI) I got the regions which were in transition and then simply looped through the list:

for i in `cat /apps/hbase/in_CLOSING.txt`; do hbase hbck -j /apps/hbase/hbase-hbck2-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar -s setRegionState $i CLOSED; done;

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Super Collaborator

Hello @rajatsachan 

Thanks for the Update concerning the post. Based on your Update, Your team used the HBCK2 Jar to move the RegionState to CLOSED. Post the concerned change, Were you able to successfully bring the Regions Online as well ? If Yes, Kindly confirm & share the steps to ensure fellow Community Users like @sainivedant41 can use the same as well. 

- Smarak

Explorer

Hi @smdas 

Yes, we were able to bring region servers online and the RIT count was reduced to zero.
With the help of this thread Hbase HBCK2 I was able to create the HBCK2 jar. From the Hbase Master logs (or UI) I got the regions which were in transition and then simply looped through the list:

for i in `cat /apps/hbase/in_CLOSING.txt`; do hbase hbck -j /apps/hbase/hbase-hbck2-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar -s setRegionState $i CLOSED; done;

Super Collaborator

Hello @rajatsachan 

Thanks for sharing the details into the Steps used by you to resolve the issue. This would definitely assist fellow Community Members facing similar issues. If you have no further concerns, Kindly mark the Post as Solved as well. 

Thanks, Smarak