Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HCatalog for HDP Sandbox

Explorer

Hello,

I am looking Hcatalog software for HDP 2.4 Sandbox installation (on Windows NT OS). Can anyone please chime the software details? When I look for the details, It's giving for Linux/Unix related not with Windows.

Please advise.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

not sure I understand, Sandbox runs on Virtualbox or VMWare as long as that's installed on Windows, Sandbox will run in it. HCatalog is pre-installed with Sandbox. Please elaborate. @fnu rasool

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

not sure I understand, Sandbox runs on Virtualbox or VMWare as long as that's installed on Windows, Sandbox will run in it. HCatalog is pre-installed with Sandbox. Please elaborate. @fnu rasool

Explorer
We installed HDP 2.4 on windows server for Pilot project to analyze the execution. We have oracle tables/data to export on Hive and check the operation. For that, I need to install the Hcatalog or any other interface to use Hive on HDP 2.4 with windows server installation. I didnt able to find Hcatalog due to its not Linux on command prompt. Please advise.

Master Mentor

You need to install hcat client on your machine, go to Ambari, hosg page, in clients, select install hcat

Then on command line you can type hcat command and access hcatalog