Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDF 3.0.1 to HDF 3.1.2 express upgrade fails?

Highlighted

HDF 3.0.1 to HDF 3.1.2 express upgrade fails?

New Contributor

I am upgrading HDF 3.0.1 to HDF 3.1.2 with ambari 2.6.2.0

But it fails with the error :

raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Right now I have upgraded ambari sucessfully from 2.5.1 to 2.6.2 and ran the mpack to register the version into ambari I could do that and when I trying install it its throwing error like above.

Could someone give any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: HDF 3.0.1 to HDF 3.1.2 express upgrade fails?

@Veerendra Nath Jasthi

Can you tell at which operation are you seeing that error? also provide full trace of the error.

New Contributor

Hi @amarnath reddy pappu thanks for quick response.

I could see this error after I was trying to install new version from ambari.

Here is full trace from one of ambari agent (all agents are reporting same).

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/install_packages.py", line 487, in <module> InstallPackages().execute() File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 375, in execute method(env) File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/install_packages.py", line 93, in actionexecute self.stack_root_folder = Script.get_stack_root() File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 667, in get_stack_root stack_root = json.loads(stack_root_json) File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

@Veerendra Nath Jasthi

If you have Ambari Database backup then restore it first - then attempt to upgrade again and see if that helps. please take current DB backup as well in case of any issues.

@Veerendra Nath Jasthi

Did you follow correct order while upgrading? As per this document https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.1.2/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/preparing_to_upgr...

1. First Ambari binary upgrade ( yum upgrade ambari-server)

2. apply mpack

3. Ambari DB upgrade.( ambari-server upgrade)

@Veerendra Nath Jasthi

Did you apply 3.1.2 mpack before attempting 3rd step?

New Contributor

@amarnath reddy pappu Hi amar,

I did not do in the way you mentioned If I want to proceed in the correct way what would be steps should I follow ?

Should I uninstall everything or any other workaround ?

New Contributor

As you said I followed the steps but when I do ambari-server upgrade its showing below :

Using python /usr/bin/python Upgrading ambari-server INFO: Upgrade Ambari Server INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari.properties ... WARNING: Can not find ambari.properties.rpmsave file from previous version, skipping import of settings INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari-env.sh ... INFO: Can not find ambari-env.sh.rpmsave file from previous version, skipping restore of environment settings. ambari-env.sh may not include any user customization. ERROR: No management packs found that can be upgraded! ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1. REASON: No management packs found that can be upgraded!

I tried to start ambari server but its showing below:

ERROR [main] AmbariServer:1078 - Failed to run the Ambari Server org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.6.2.0, schemaVersion=2.5.1 at org.apache.ambari.server.checks.DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.checkDBVersionCompatible(DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.java:245) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:1063)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here