Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF Files View in Ambari Connection error

Explorer

Hi

Just installed HDF. Am on Windows using VMWare Workstation Player. This is working fine with earlier install of HDP.

For HDF:

Able to open Ambari. Click on Files View. Get error:

Failed to transition to undefined
sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com:51070: Connection refused (Connection refused)

I had added an entry in the hosts file as below:

192.168.137.130 hdf sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com

where the IP is from VMware Player. With or without the entry I get the above error. I thought (from HDP) that you had to map sandbox.hortonworks.com to the HDP IP. And similarly do a mapping for HDF but to sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com.

What seems to be the problem. I also cannot open the Web Shell Client from Advanced Quick Links - but I can open NiFi UI. Do I have to do additional configuration for HDF.

regards

Vinay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Found it! It's too simple. Log into Ambari as Admin. Go to the Services tab > Select HDFS from the action menu on the left > Click the Service Actions button on the top right > Hit Start.

If you need to do it manually for whatever reason, Go to the host tab, click your Host's name (Hyperlink), then start the services in this order:

1.) SNameNode / HDFS

2.) DataNodes / HDFS

3.) NameNode / HDFS

I was able to get access to the Files Viewer trying it both ways. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer

Some more info:

I am using VMWare Workstation on Windows. I had already installed HDP. Now also imported HDF.

In Ambari for HDP, I see:

Hostname:
sandbox.hortonworks.com
IP Address:

In Ambari for HDF, I see:
Hostname:
sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com
IP Address:

Why are both IP set to 172.17.0.2? Can I use both HDF and HDP on the same laptop like this?

I can also see that no DataNode service has been started in HDF (its fine in HDP).

New Contributor

I'm having this issue too. I've been tinkering but cant think up a reason why. I'll try to remember to revisit this post if I manage to figure anything out. To help a little on the Host file @Vinay Sikka if you did not have that set up correctly then your quick link to Nifi would fail. So since that link uses the DNS hostname instead of the IP, it will have to rely on your host file or DNS server for resolution. I feel you already have a decent understanding so I wont go into any further detail on that subject.

Explorer

Hi Shane @Shane Johnston

I was able to launch NiFi using

http://hdf:19090/nifi/

where 'hdf' is defined in the hosts file as per my post above. I guess that is what you were trying to say. If something else, please do share. I am new to HDP and HDF and can take any help possible.

regards

Vinay

New Contributor

Found it! It's too simple. Log into Ambari as Admin. Go to the Services tab > Select HDFS from the action menu on the left > Click the Service Actions button on the top right > Hit Start.

If you need to do it manually for whatever reason, Go to the host tab, click your Host's name (Hyperlink), then start the services in this order:

1.) SNameNode / HDFS

2.) DataNodes / HDFS

3.) NameNode / HDFS

I was able to get access to the Files Viewer trying it both ways. Hope this helps!

Explorer

Thank you @Shane Johnston That worked perfectly.