Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF3 installation problem

Explorer

Hi everyone,

when I arrive step 9 (install, start and test) i have this error : I try to install HDF3 (NIFI/ZOOKEEPER) using Ambari on one node (REDHAT7) , I go through all the steps but when

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-5.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 35, in <module>
    BeforeAnyHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 329, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py", line 26, in hook
    import params	

File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/params.py", line 101, in <module>
    hadoop_home = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("home", force_latest_on_upgrade=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/stack_select.py", line 210, in get_hadoop_dir
    stack_root = Script.get_stack_root()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 575, in get_stack_root
    stack_root = json.loads(stack_root_json)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-5.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-5.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-5.txt
2017-10-05 10:26:08,957 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-5.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-5.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2017-10-05 10:26:09,363 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF

Command failed after 1 tries

I can not find a solution for this, any tips?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @badr bakkou,

can you please check the ambari version(both server and agents) which you have chosen, it must be of 2.5.1, at the same time please ensure that you have the appropriate management pack as well (compatible version mentioned below.)

please find the compatible matrix here

Hope that helps !!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Super Collaborator

Hi @badr bakkou,

can you please check the ambari version(both server and agents) which you have chosen, it must be of 2.5.1, at the same time please ensure that you have the appropriate management pack as well (compatible version mentioned below.)

please find the compatible matrix here

Hope that helps !!

Explorer

Hi @bkosaraju,

i use ambari version 2.5.2.

I think the problem comes from the incompatibility of the version, i switch to 2.5.1 and i try again i keep you infromed.

thanks.

Best Regards.

Explorer

it's work with he correct version. thanks man

Contributor

Hi,

I have this same error but it occurred during the upgrade process of Ambari from 2.5.1.0-159 to 2.6.0.0-267. The Ambari upgrade itself went through fine and the server and agents started. But during the post-upgrade steps those services (Infra, Log Search, etc) all fail with this error.

I've confirmed the versions of my server and all agents are the same but is there perhaps something else I might've missed?

Regards,

Geouffrey

Contributor

Hello @Geouffrey Erasmus,

I have exactly the same problem, any update?

Thanks.

Contributor

Hey @Raffaele S,

Unfortunately not. In the end I reverted to backups to HDF 3.0.1 and performed an upgrade to 3.0.1.1 instead, which is using Ambari 2.5.1. This version is fine for now as I was trying to resolve issues with Schema Registry but it is a bit of a pain as I would've preferred upgrading to the latest version while I was going through the upgrade pain.

Hope you have better luck

Regards,

Geouffrey

Contributor

Thanks @Geouffrey Erasmus.

Luckily this happened on a test cluster, we ended up reinstalling from scratch.

I will write here if the same happens on our development cluster.

Raffaele

Contributor

@Raffaele S, That is a bummer, I feel your pain. I had a similar scenario a few months ago trying to upgrade to HDF 3 and ended up reinstalling and configuring an entire cluster.

Hope it goes better with the next upgrade.

Contributor

Hello,

just happened again on our development cluster (RHEL 7.3). In this case reinstalling the cluster is not feasible.

All my agents are version: ambari-agent-2.6.0.0-267.x86_64. My ambari-server: ambari-server-2.6.0.0-267.x86_64

A bit of context, I reached this point of the ambari upgrade procedure: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.2/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/upgrade_ambari.ht...

After accessing the console I noticed Zookeeper, Storm and metrics were down (this is not correct, the services are running).

Restarting zookeeper led to this error:

stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-1202.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START/scripts/hook.py", line 40, in <module>
    BeforeStartHook().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 367, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START/scripts/hook.py", line 28, in hook
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START/scripts/params.py", line 76, in <module>
    hadoop_libexec_dir = stack_select.get_hadoop_dir("libexec")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/stack_select.py", line 365, in get_hadoop_dir
    stack_root = Script.get_stack_root()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 659, in get_stack_root
    stack_root = json.loads(stack_root_json)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START/scripts/hook.py', 'START', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-1202.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-1202.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']

stdout: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-1202.txt

2018-01-08 15:40:58,562 - Stack Feature Version Info: Cluster Stack=3.0, Command Stack=None, Command Version=3.0.1.1-5 -> 3.0.1.1-5
2018-01-08 15:40:58,564 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
2018-01-08 15:40:58,566 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START/scripts/hook.py', 'START', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-1202.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDF/2.0/hooks/before-START', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-1202.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']
2018-01-08 15:40:58,792 - Cannot find stack features for the stack named HDF

Command failed after 1 tries

I tried upgrading the management pack after, but didn't help.

In this case, should I open a JIRA?