Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDFS ACLs

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

HDFS ACLs

Explorer

Hello, I trying to use Acls in My cluster Cloudera. I modified /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml property to true

<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.acls.enabled</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

but when I execute a acls command I receive the next message

setfacl: The ACL operation has been rejected. Support for ACLs has been disabld by setting dfs.namenode.acls.enabled to false.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: HDFS ACLs

Super Collaborator

In you cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox, open the web browser navigate and login to Cloudera Manager. In Cloudera Manager Server Homepage using your keyboard hit the Search Hotkey " / " (a forward slash without the quotes). Then again using your keboard type acl - from the drop-down list select the 'hdfs: Enable Access Control Lists' < this should take you to the relevant configuration page where you have to click on the checkbox > [Save] and restart the hdfs service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

Is your cluster managed by Cloudera Manager server, or are you managing the Hadoop configurations using an editor?

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Michalis, I'm using cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox.

I'm sure who is managing the cluster.

Regards,

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

In you cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox, open the web browser navigate and login to Cloudera Manager. In Cloudera Manager Server Homepage using your keyboard hit the Search Hotkey " / " (a forward slash without the quotes). Then again using your keboard type acl - from the drop-down list select the 'hdfs: Enable Access Control Lists' < this should take you to the relevant configuration page where you have to click on the checkbox > [Save] and restart the hdfs service.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer

Michalis, thanks for your help. It's OK.

But now I have other problem. I have two user created into OS LInux, and two groups. 

cgmuros -> grp_cl_developer

cgmurosbrasil -> grp_br_developer

I defined the next permissions.

# /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project drwxr-x---  hdfs:grp_cl_developer

I execute the next command to assign read and execute to cgmurosbrasil user

# sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -setfacl -R -m user:cgmurosbrasil:r-x /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project

When I use the cgmurosbrasil and execute the next command I receive the next message

# hadoop fs -ls /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project

"Permission denied: user=cgmurosbrasil, access=EXECUTE, inode="/chile":hdfs:grp_cl_developer:drwxr-x---"

Thanks for your time.

Highlighted

Explorer

I fixed assigning r-x to chile directory.

# sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -setfacl -R -m user:cgmurosbrasil:r-x /chile

Thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here