Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDFS quota set: change in configure files? And set quota as percentage of total space?

Explorer

Hi, I am trying to set the space quotas for directories in HDFS. I have read the article,

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsQuotaAdminGuide.html, about how to set the space quota using command line. But still have two questions:

(1) Is there a way I can set the space quota in a configuration file? Or cluster configure file, e.g. .yml file?

(2) Is there a way I can set the space quota as the performance of total storage, while the total storage may change in future and the quota also changes (so I donot need change the space quota for each directory again)?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JJ Tsien,

1. We don't support setting quotas via a configuration file. Quotas must be set using the setQuota command issued by an administrator.

2. There is no way to specify quotas as a percentage of total storage either, sorry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JJ Tsien,

1. We don't support setting quotas via a configuration file. Quotas must be set using the setQuota command issued by an administrator.

2. There is no way to specify quotas as a percentage of total storage either, sorry.

Explorer

Hi @Arpit Agarwal, thank you for quick help!