Do you have clear and simple procedure to install silently HDP thru Ambari ? Silently meaning automatically , without wizard screen and click 🙂
Can you review the Cloudbreak capabilities, as this is designed to rapidly provision clusters regardless of on premise or cloud provider.
Thanks a lot Predrag. Do you think or do you know how to get blueprint file and cluster creation template file from HDP installation wizard ? like response file, you get from "classical" installer wizard, at the end, when you click "next" on all steps.
Unfortunately, the UI Wizard will not allow you to generate a Blueprint and Cluster Creation template after you gone through all the screens.
The simplest way to generate a Blueprint to start with is to try the following:
1. On a local VM cluster for testing (vagrant, docker, etc), create a cluster that has the services, components, and configuration that you are interested in deploying in your production cluster.
2. Use the UI to deploy this local cluster, going through all the normal screens in the wizard.
3. You can then export the Blueprint from this running cluster. This REST call will generate a Blueprint based on the currently-running cluster you setup in Step #2.
4. Save this Blueprint, and customize it as necessary.
5. Create a Cluster Creation Template that matches hostnames to the host groups from the exported Blueprint. Please note that you may want to manually rename the host groups in the exported Blueprint, as they are generated using a "host_group_n" convention, which may not be useful for documenting your particular cluster.
You can check out the following link on the Blueprints wiki to see how to make the REST call to export the Blueprint from a running cluster:
Hope this helps!