Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 TP Sandbox Virtual Box image not working

Guru

I tried downloading the 2.5 sandbox here:

http://hortonworks.com/downloads/#tech-preview

2.5 Sandbox Download

I keep getting an error and it fails to import.

6993-screen-shot-2016-08-26-at-95221-am.png

Any idea where I can get a working version? I am using Google Chrome if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Vasilis Vagias

That, but VirtualBox is smart enough to import even a VMWare image. My opinion is that you downloaded an incomplete file due to your Chrome Download Manager, not capable to resume download in case of temporary connectivity issues. What is the size of your file? It should be around 9.5 GB. Try to use a download manager that is capable to resume download and do a size check at the end. Try folx, that if you are on mac.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Vasilis Vagias. Looks like you downloaded the vmdk for vmware. Make you download the ova for VirtualBox instead.

Guru

That's weird. I didn't second guess the file extension. There was only one option on the site.

6994-screen-shot-2016-08-26-at-104935-am.png

Super Guru

@Vasilis Vagias

That, but VirtualBox is smart enough to import even a VMWare image. My opinion is that you downloaded an incomplete file due to your Chrome Download Manager, not capable to resume download in case of temporary connectivity issues. What is the size of your file? It should be around 9.5 GB. Try to use a download manager that is capable to resume download and do a size check at the end. Try folx, that if you are on mac.

Guru

Thanks. I'm trying it now using folx.

Super Guru

@Vasilis Vagias

Let me know if you still have issues.

Guru

That did the trick! Thanks @Constantin Stanca!