Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.6.4 sandbox not starting on VirtualBox 5.2.6

Explorer

I've been trying to get this set up for a while to no avail. The boot process seems to go fine, with no errors except for one after "waiting for server start" which exits with error code 1: reason "server is still not listening on port 8080 after 50 seconds". Though another post said that this isn't necessarily an issue. After that it continues to "Waiting for ambari services to start" and never progresses past that (see attached screenshot)

64386-boot-01.jpg

I have tried connecting to localhost:8888, 4200, and 8080. All of those refuse to connect.

From other questions, and responses, I've made sure that I have more than 8 GB allocated to the VM, I've verified the checksum, and I've re-imported the .ova a few times. I am running on Windows7.

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hello, all. I solved the problem from my end. I had a VPN that was conflicting with the networking that VB tries to set up. Please be sure to turn off your VPN!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

New Contributor

I have same issue.

New Contributor

@Valdecir Froes Could you please tell were you able to get it to work on mac or windows. I have tried the same steps but it didnt work for me on mac :(. Could you please also tell if your firewall is ON/OFF. In some another community post someone solved it by toggling firewall. Appreciate your response!!!

Explorer
@Muft Ram

Hi. To be honest it worked after several attempting.
Firewall is enabled. Hpd 2.6.4 and virtualbox 5.1.
Thanks.

Val

New Contributor

I have the same issue, is not there any solution yet?

New Contributor

Just same issue, Win10/Virtualbox5.2.8

same issue guys.... win10, virtualbox v5.2.8

Explorer

Hello, all. I solved the problem from my end. I had a VPN that was conflicting with the networking that VB tries to set up. Please be sure to turn off your VPN!

Explorer

Can you share the screenshot of turning it off. What is your host OS?

Explorer

Hi guys.
What happened to me was this. When I got message of waiting ambari agent to connect I used utl http://127.0.0.1:8080/#/login instead localhost. This is how I ended up successfully connecting to ambari after several times of frustration.
I am on Windows 7 64-bit by the way.
I realised configuration changes when you shutdown vm as an example things were working fine with Zeppelin but after a shutdown serves are not coming up. I am checking some posts in this forum.
Val

Explorer

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue while configuring HDP 2.6.4 on VM 5.2.6.

I am using Windows 10 as Host OS on 16 GB RAM allocated 12 GBs for VM.

It says "Waiting for ambari services to start" and waits for 30 minutes and moves to next step without OK.

After 30 minutes it shows the Login details in the screen.

However I have tried connecting to localhost:8888, 4200, and 8080. All of those refuse to connect.

Is it a Known Bug in HDP? Any solution suggested by Hortonworks? Can someone please guide.

BJ

Explorer

Hi everyone.
I had lots of problems setting this vm up until I threw current one away and started a brand new one. From that time on it I only resume vm(pause + save vm status) before shutting computer down.

Now I have time to go through all sandbox steps without stopping and debugging issues.
Thanks

Val