Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.6 Cluster Installation Error

New Contributor

Hi,

I am a newbie to installing and working on HDP 2.6. We have setup a Linux server (OpenSuse 12.2) and are trying to install a cluster for testing purposes. During the cluster installation using ambari, there is an error that seems to prevent us from proceeding further. (PFA the image)

64724-untitled.png

I have looked around but do not seem to find a solution for this error.

Could anyone help me out with this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

You are facing this issue snappy issue during HDP installation

I suspect you have more problems than the screenshot you have attached. Can you scroll down that window and send the screenshot.

Please do the below steps

zypper rm snappy 
zypper in snappy-devel

Hortonworks provides an OS-specific installation instruction that you must STRICTLY follow to avoid unpleasant surprises because it becomes very ..very frustrating ..Don't ignore any point if you can automate it that's even better.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

You are facing this issue snappy issue during HDP installation

I suspect you have more problems than the screenshot you have attached. Can you scroll down that window and send the screenshot.

Please do the below steps

zypper rm snappy 
zypper in snappy-devel

Hortonworks provides an OS-specific installation instruction that you must STRICTLY follow to avoid unpleasant surprises because it becomes very ..very frustrating ..Don't ignore any point if you can automate it that's even better.