Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP Developer Practice Exam Errors

Contributor

@rich Rich and team,

Is there a better way to contact you in regards to discovered errors in the Practice Exam? Not sure this is the correct forum for raising such issues as it seems more intended for Q&A.

However, the issue noted here also affects the answer for Task 03 item #1. The correct answer should be 30,000. However, the answer shown in the solutions folder is 30,267 which is including records from the 2 weather related files which shouldn't be used until Task 07.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru
@Daniel Hendrix

Using the Hortonworks Community Connection is perfect - it allows others who may have similar issues to find answers quickly. I appreciate you sharing these typos. It looks like there is a minor disconnect between the data files in the practice exam and the solutions provided. We will take a look at this the next time we update the practice exam.

Keep in mind there are two main goals of the practice exam:

1. To become familiar with the environment that the real exam uses
  2. To get a sense of the types of tasks you will be asked to perform

It is not meant to be an all-inclusive study guide. For a candidate to truly be prepared for the HDPCD exam, you should be able to complete all of the tasks listed in the exam objectives:

http://hortonworks.com/training/class/hdp-certified-developer-hdpcd-exam/

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor
@rich

it also affects the answer for Task 03 item #2 as well. It makes the result off by 2.

Guru
@Daniel Hendrix

Using the Hortonworks Community Connection is perfect - it allows others who may have similar issues to find answers quickly. I appreciate you sharing these typos. It looks like there is a minor disconnect between the data files in the practice exam and the solutions provided. We will take a look at this the next time we update the practice exam.

Keep in mind there are two main goals of the practice exam:

1. To become familiar with the environment that the real exam uses
  2. To get a sense of the types of tasks you will be asked to perform

It is not meant to be an all-inclusive study guide. For a candidate to truly be prepared for the HDPCD exam, you should be able to complete all of the tasks listed in the exam objectives:

http://hortonworks.com/training/class/hdp-certified-developer-hdpcd-exam/

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,

Rich

Contributor

@rich Understood. I just wanted to raise awareness to the discrepancies as it was difficult and time-consuming to assess if I had completed the practice tasks correctly due to my outcomes differing from what was provided as solutions. Hopefully others will see this prior to the practice exam being updated and be able to navigate through my smoothly.

Thanks for the quick feedback you've been providing.