Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

HDP Sandbox Ambari gives 404 error

New Contributor

Hi,

I am very new to this and have t admit I have no idea what's going on. I am certain this problem is something to do with my computer and not the sandbox, but I don't know what the problem is or how to try and resolve it.

I have Virtualbox 6.0 installed
HDP 3.0.1
I can access Ranger, Zeppelin, Data Analytics Studio, and Web client
When I try and access Ambari I gt a 404 error. this happens if I try and access it from the 'Getting Started' link or the 'Advanced' link on the splash screen.

If anyhone ahs any idea what's going on or how I can diagnose and fix this I'd be very grateful.

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Hi @Bryan Munday,
Did you setup Sandbox environment as explained in Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

I suspect you are unable to open: http://sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com:8080, which would mean you did not update your hosts file

New Contributor

Hi @gdeleon,

I am wondering if you can provide further detail on how to setup the sandbox environment accordingly.

I am experience a similar error where I am unable to open the ambari dashboard and get a 404 Error instead.  The HDP welcome screen works fine.

The sandbox is installed on a Virtual Box 6.1 in Windows 10 OS. 

Expert Contributor

HI @orrmj,

Here's a video that briefly describes the deployment process: Hortonworks Sandbox: Setup | Install | Deploy HDP 3.0 Sandbox using VirtualBox on macOS (2018)

Although, you should still refer to the Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox tutorial.

Please let me know if you're still having issues.

; ;