Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HDP and Ambari patches

Solved Go to solution

HDP and Ambari patches

Contributor

I have seen repos and binaries for major releases but where can we find binaries/repo for the patches

For example, say we find an issue with the ambari-metrics group of rpm’s. Where would I find an example of a patch to update the software contained in ambari-metrics.

Another example: Say there is a bug in HDFS. Where would I find an example patch for the HDP 2.3.4.0 version of HDFS (one that doesn’t include the entire distribution of HDP, but only updates that specific version of HDFS)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: HDP and Ambari patches

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Highlighted

Contributor

One more follow-up question: Customer has to download the patched files from git-hub and upload them on to their cluster? do we have any instructions per patch or generic level for them to follow?

Highlighted

@rbalam Details "will" be in the ticket. I highly recommend to wait for the final version before you make/apply changes in prod.

Sandbox is fine

Highlighted

Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal

I also asked the customer to wait for the full version but they would like to know the process if they need to apply a patch for any reason.

I tried to look for source code in the git hub but Some of the links that are present in the details section are broken for example .. for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-10285, i tried to get the code but there seems to be no link working ..https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/2154/

Is there a place i need to look for the actual source for any given patch?

Highlighted

New Contributor

We are also stuck in a similar issue while installing server Centos 7. The error pops when we execute ambari-server setup command. How to apply this patch?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here