Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP on hardened CentOS (by CIS).

Contributor

Hi, I want to deploy HDP 2.6 (using cloudbreak 2.7.1) using prehardened images by CIS in Azure.
What should I take into consideration? By default only port 22 is opened by iptables.

(I also struggle to deploy cbd 2.7 on that image as docker containers seem to not talk to each other, but will raise another issue if I won't have further luck with it).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jakub Igla

I am not sure that I understood your question correctly, but you should definitely use the custom image facility of Cloudbreak and use your own base image with the pre-hardening and the pre-requisites of Cloudbreak will be burnt by our scripts.

The remaining steps to utilize your custom image are documented here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Jakub Igla

I am not sure that I understood your question correctly, but you should definitely use the custom image facility of Cloudbreak and use your own base image with the pre-hardening and the pre-requisites of Cloudbreak will be burnt by our scripts.

The remaining steps to utilize your custom image are documented here.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

Thans @pdarvasi. I will let you know how it did go. Also do you mean, that cb scripts will open required ports etc?

Cheers!

The open ports are determined by the network security group settings, which can be set in cluster creation wizard using Cloudbreak UI or cluster skeleton using Cloudbreak CLI.

Contributor

Hi,

By open open ports I mean communication between nodes for hadoop operations.