Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD: Java Exam Environment Issue

Hello Team,

Before 2-3 days I had appeared for HDPCD: java exam. Initially there was problem with VM connectivity, but proctor resolved it from his end. I wanted to analyse data set for exam but it was not available on VM. When I tried to do hadoop fs -ls , Its was giving error "Can Not Connect to Name Node: I immediately informed proctor, but he is not ready to help & said he can not help for the exam content. I thought of finishing the coding part first & then check, After creating jar, I again tried to connect to cluster but its in vain, I tried to ssh the name node, I tried to connect to Ambari, Even I tried to run start-all-services.sh but was of no use & giving same error. I informed proctor, multiple times but he was not ready to help & informed me that he will send report to Hortonwork about discussion. Even though I have enough time to test & validate, I could not test & validate my work because of these environment issues..

I had already sent mail to certification alias i.e. certification@hortonworks.com, but still there is no response. Can some one guide me about this

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I replied to Yogesh on a separate thread, but basically this particular issue was due to a cloud-hosting environment issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Yogesh Chaudhari

Basically there should not be any environmental issue because all of those who are writing exam will have same docker conatiner

@SBandaru,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure about docker container but non of hadoop service was running. I tried to run start_all_services.sh as well but it was also giving same error.

I am expecting some member from hortonworks team, to comment on this.

Super Collaborator
@Yogesh Chaudhari

I'm sorry to year about your issue and I am sure someone will get back to you. Hortonworks has been on holiday for a few days for Thanksgiving and I suspect that is why you have not heard back from them. I'm sure the exam support staff will respond early next week.

Yes that might be the reason. Lets wait for couple of days!!

I replied to Yogesh on a separate thread, but basically this particular issue was due to a cloud-hosting environment issue.

Thanks William!!