Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD: Java Exam Issues

Explorer

Two nights ago I attempted to take the HDPCD: Java exam. As soon as the test started, I opened a terminal and entered 'hadoop fs -ls' and the command failed saying that it could not connect to the namenode. I faced similar issues when trying to use Ambari and attempting to run a jar. I immediately informed the proctor that required and expected services were not running so they paused the exam and informed me that they were going to contact tech support. After nearly 45 minutes of sitting a staring at my screen, I was provided with the option of rescheduling or continuing the exam in hopes of a response. Currently, attempting to reschedule is not a great option for me, so I chose to continue. I completed the exam task (as far as I could without running the jar successfully) and there was still no response. I chose to wait another half hour in hopes that it could be fixed, but ended up conceding and was told that a report would be sent saying that I encountered technical issues and I would be able to reschedule. I waited 2 hours from a response from tech support and the proctor of my exam received no response.

I have tried E-mailing the certification alias, using the contact page on your site, and left a voicemail and so far have not heard a response. I would like to understand what happened and what is being done about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just peeked in the Training support system (the one triggered by emailing certification@hortonworks.com) and it looks like we're been able to discuss these items with you. I'll send you a quick update from the ones I'm aware of and see if we can fully run to ground your concerns. If I miss anything then please reply to the particular automated email and we'll work to make sure you have answers to your questinos. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

I just peeked in the Training support system (the one triggered by emailing certification@hortonworks.com) and it looks like we're been able to discuss these items with you. I'll send you a quick update from the ones I'm aware of and see if we can fully run to ground your concerns. If I miss anything then please reply to the particular automated email and we'll work to make sure you have answers to your questinos. Thanks!