Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDPCD Practice Exam TASK 03

Hi,

I'm attempting the TASK 03 on Practice test.
PART 1 I was successfully able to load the records into ‘/user/horton/flightdelays_clean’
While attempting the part 2 of TASK 03 I do the following:
A = LOAD '/user/horton/flightdelays_clean' USING PigStorage(',') ;
--- A has 29534 records B = FILTER A BY $8 == 'DEN'; ---[main] WARN org.apache.pig.newplan.BaseOperatorPlan - ---Encountered Warning IMPLICIT_CAST_TO_CHARARRAY 1 time(s) Output(s): Successfully stored 0 records in: "hdfs://namenode:8020/tmp/temp-577228131/tmp-2029278778"
There is no rows being imported into B. I thing the way I'm comparing $8 with DEN is not right.
I also tried to import A with Schema like the following: grunt> A = LOAD '/user/horton/flightdelays_clean' USING PigStorage(',') AS (Year:int, Month:int, DayofMonth:int,DepTime:int, UniqueCarrier:chararray, FlightNum:int, ArrDelay:int, Origin:chararray, Dest:chararray); 2016-06-23 18:26:32,428 [main] WARN org.apache.pig.newplan.BaseOperatorPlan - Encountered Warning IMPLICIT_CAST_TO_CHARARRAY 1 time(s).
B = FILTER A BY Dest == 'DEN';
I still end up wiht no rows being written to B;
I'm not facing errors but I see the string comparision is not working.
How can i fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using a '\t' delimiter instead of a ',' works . This is resolved . Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Using a '\t' delimiter instead of a ',' works . This is resolved . Thanks.

Guru

Just a couple of helpful tips:

1. The tab is the default delimiter, so you can just use LOAD '/user/horton/flightdelays_clean'
  2. The answers to the Practice Exam tasks are on the Ubuntu client in the /home/horton/solutions folder.