Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HUE no longer sees impala or have after restart

Contributor

I had Hive and Impala working on HUE before 

Versions HUE 3.7

Clouderan Manager 5.4.11

I recently restarted HUE

and HUE no longer sees Impala or hive

Configuration files located in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/7850-hue-HUE_SERVER 

Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart Hue.

Hive Editor	The application won't work without a running HiveServer2.
Impala Editor	No available Impalad to send queries to.

When I run a query I get cannot import name TGetLogReq

Error log shows the following 

[03/Apr/2017 00:16:53 -0700] wsgiserver   ERROR    WSGI (<WorkerThread(CP WSGIServer Thread-19, started 140018618201856)>) error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL23_WRITE', 'ssl handshake failure')]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1304, in run
    conn.communicate()
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1214, in communicate
    req.simple_response("408 Request Timeout")
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 618, in simple_response
    self.wfile.sendall("".join(buf))
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1139, in sendall
    return self._safe_call(False, super(SSL_fileobject, self).sendall, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1091, in _safe_call
    return call(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 753, in sendall
    bytes_sent = self.send(data)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1142, in send
    return self._safe_call(False, super(SSL_fileobject, self).send, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.4.10-1.cdh5.4.10.p0.16/lib/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/wsgiserver.py", line 1121, in _safe_call
    raise FatalSSLAlert(*e.args)
FatalSSLAlert: [('SSL routines', 'SSL23_WRITE', 'ssl handshake failure')]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Fixed

Romain posted on Hue user group that I had a conflict in python libraries and indeed I did

I had Impyla and Airflow installed as part of the main lib/distro instead of a controlled "virtualized" environment

This caused the  conflict.  

Unfortunately both Impyla and Airflow could not be uninstalled with a simple pip uninstall command

Had to manually compare directories from my staging environment and remove several of the directories that could be potentially conflicting

These include:

• hive_metastore
  • hive_thrift_py
  • pyhive
  • hive_serde
  • impala
  • PyHive
  • TCLIService
  • hive_service
  • impyla
  • thrift

Once the directories where removed from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and restarted HUE, it was querying again.    Many kudos to Romain

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Contributor

Fixed

Romain posted on Hue user group that I had a conflict in python libraries and indeed I did

I had Impyla and Airflow installed as part of the main lib/distro instead of a controlled "virtualized" environment

This caused the  conflict.  

Unfortunately both Impyla and Airflow could not be uninstalled with a simple pip uninstall command

Had to manually compare directories from my staging environment and remove several of the directories that could be potentially conflicting

These include:

• hive_metastore
  • hive_thrift_py
  • pyhive
  • hive_serde
  • impala
  • PyHive
  • TCLIService
  • hive_service
  • impyla
  • thrift

Once the directories where removed from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and restarted HUE, it was querying again.    Many kudos to Romain