Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hadoop 2.5 sandbox connectivity issue(VMware player)

Explorer

Hi,

I got downloaded the .ova file(2.5) for VMware. I have enough RAM 8 GB to run the vmware image.

Sandbox image - download successful

Sandbox import - import successful

While playing the vmware machine, I am getting the 'Connectivity issue detected' and no URLs are provided. I have tried multiple options to ensure the correctness of the environment. Like host name addition, checking for the VMware network enabled option. But doesn't works. I tried re-importing the image and checked, the issue still persists. Please find the attachments for the error message, host file and login screen.

Appreciate any helping hands in advance. Thanks.

img-vmware-error-1.png

img-vmware-error-2.png

img-3-hostfile-contents.png

Regards,

Rajan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hey Sagar,

Nope. I tried with bridge, local host only option. But the results are same. What I am missing ? I have attached my networks and sharing center snapshot also. Any help?

img-networking-and-sharing-settings.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Super Guru
@Rajan Babu Selvanamasivayam

Can you check network adapter settings -

1. Open the Virtual Machine Control Panel (Edit > Virtual Machine Settings).

9728-screen-shot-2016-11-22-at-110418-am.png

Also please refer below link for step by step details -

https://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/InstallingHortonworksSandboxonWindowsUsingVMwareP...

Explorer

Hey Sagar,

Thanks for the quick response. The screenshot tells to maintain the NIC as 'bridged' whereas the URL ask us to select Host only option. Which option should I choose?

Super Guru

"Bridged" option should be fine.

Explorer

Hey Sagar,

Nope. I tried with bridge, local host only option. But the results are same. What I am missing ? I have attached my networks and sharing center snapshot also. Any help?

img-networking-and-sharing-settings.png

Super Guru

You need to check for Sandbox networking and not local desktop/machine. Can you paste the screenshot for the same.

Explorer

I changed the settings in the sandbox control panel only. Could you please be specific which screenshot do I need to send you.

Explorer

I downloaded the virtual box and gave a try. same result. whats the issue now I am not getting.

Explorer

attaching two more screenshots for reference.

img-virtualbox-overview.png

img-nw-settings.png

Explorer

@Sagar Shimpi. Any luck to identify what I am missing ? I don't know what's wrong with the virtual box settings. Every tab has the 'invalid settings detected'