Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Having trouble testing nifi-plugin from ranger

Having trouble testing nifi-plugin from ranger

New Contributor

I am setting up ranger for NIFI,When i try to test the nifi-plug in connection getting 403 error.

Also did setup following policies for all the cluster nodes.

/flow

/proxy

/data/*

/resource

getting following exception

ranger-access-log:

172.26.241.182 - - [07/Apr/2017:21:57:42 +0000] "GET /service/plugins/secure/policies/download/rkhdfcluster_nifi?lastKnownVersion=22&pluginId=nifi@rkhdfcluster0.field.hortonworks.com-rkhdfcluster_nifi HTTP/1.1" 401

nifi-app.log

2017-04-07 21:59:42,496 ERROR [Thread-15] o.a.ranger.plugin.util.PolicyRefresher PolicyRefresher(serviceName=rkhdfcluster_nifi): failed to refresh policies. Will continue to use last known version of policies (22) com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException         at com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:155) ~[jersey-bundle-1.19.jar:1.19]

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Having trouble testing nifi-plugin from ranger

@rkandula

Are you using an Ambari based install for Ranger with NiFi?

Master Guru

@rkandula

Sounds like your Ranger has been secured via ssl and NiFi cannot connect. This is often a truststore issue where the certificate being presented by NiFi is not being trusted by Ranger. Make sure the xasecure.policymgr.clientssl.keystore configured for use by the NiFi Ranger plugin is trusted by your Ranger.

New Contributor

In my case NIFI is secured and Ranger is un-secured.

Do we still need above trust to be setup for my scenario?