Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Help installing Yum dependencies (cyrus-sasl-gssapi) for Hue on HDP 2.3.4

Expert Contributor

I am trying to install Hue following the Hortonworks guide here. I am on the step where I run "yum install hue" but I receive an error saying it requires cyrus-sasl-gssapi (attached). How can I install this cyrus-sasl-gssapi so I can continue with the installation of Hue? I am fairly new to linux so the commands I need to run would be much appreciated.

hue-install-error.txt

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor

@Mark Thorson what happens if you issue

yum install -y cyrus-sasl-gssapi

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits Thanks for your quick response.

I tried running that command and got the following message.

[root@xxxxxxxchad1 ~]# yum install -y cyrus-sasl-gssapi
Loaded plugins: security
Repository HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20 is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Install Process
No package cyrus-sasl-gssapi available.
Error: Nothing to do

Master Mentor

ok as user root or someone with sudo access

cd /etc/yum.repos.d/

make sure to edit your *.repo files and remove duplicate entry for HDP-UTILS. It says you have it listed twice.

Master Mentor

@Mark Thorson also, look at the following link and pick the package name of the OS you're running.

https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=cyrus-sasl-gssapi

for example for RHEL6/Centos6

cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2.i686.htmlGSSAPI authentication support for Cyrus SASLCentOS 6.7 for x86_64cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2.i686.rpm

cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2.x86_64.htmlGSSAPI authentication support for Cyrus SASLCentOS 6.7 for x86_64cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2.x86_64.rpm

so then do the following

yum search all cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2*

whatever is returned then do

yum install -y cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.23-15.el6_6.2*

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits It says it is listed twice but when I show the list I only see one instance of the UTILS.repo file. I see two hdp.repo file. Would that be what it's referring to?

2665-hue-install-error-2.jpg

Master Mentor

Go through every file and make sure there are no dups

New Contributor

Hi Mark,

Even i have faced the same issue while upgrading my RHEL os from 6.5 to 6.7. A small change you have to make and everything will back on track. You just need to add gpgcheck=0 in your current repo file which is under /etc/yum.repos.d/file.repo

hello , even i have faced the same issue while upgrading from 6.5 to 6.7 i have made only one change i have just eneter gpgcheck=0 in new repo file which is under /etc/yum.repos.d/file.repo. everything seems to be work pretty well for me.

New Contributor

@Mark Thorson for you