Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Help required to connect to Ambari for HDP Sandbox Needed

New Contributor

Hi,

I am a beginner and followed some tutorials for installation and configuration of HDP Sandbox. I have spent a few days trying different hosts file modifications and different browser address and none seem to work. I have also tried all these on a PC and Mac trying both VMware and VirtualBox. I am currently using VMWare as VIrtualbox is giving me error.

Things I have tried:

host file -

127.0.0.1 localhost sandbox.hortonworks.com vs 127.0.0.1 sandbox.hotronworks.com vs 192.168.XX.XX localhost sandbox.hortonworks.com

browser ips:

127.0.01.1:8888 vs localhost:8888 vs 192.168.XX.XX:8888

I am getting the error check connection of network interface and unable to connect to 127.0.0.1. Please help. I am lost all hopes now

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@saur 
Previously  I had written a comprehensive note on this issue but unfortunately, I can't locate it. I have just completed fresh documentation but since attachments were disabled, please  download the document from my adobe share
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:ee72188c-cfb5-48f8-b1cc-e5eae799910b
I am sure it will help you keep me posted.
Happy hadooping

Master Mentor

@saur 
Any updates on this?

New Contributor
Hi,

I am still unable to connect. If possible, can we setup a call to resolve
this issue?

Master Mentor

@saur 

Can you explain the latest development ? I compiled a document for you did you go through it step by step?

New Contributor
Hi,.

I tried following the steps outlined in the document but still no progress.