Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive 2 is missing after HDP upgrade

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I have upgraded HDP from 2.5.3 to 2.6.2.14

Getting benefits of Hive 2.1.0 was one of the motivation points in my upgrade plan. However, even i kept myself optimistic every step i did not see it Hive 2 was not there as upgrade finalised eventually. Furthermore, it is not there as I want to add new services.

What am i missing?

Info:

Centos 7.3.1611

Cluster of 4 VMs

Ambari was upgraded from 2.4.2 to 2.5.2

Services able to add: Ranger 0.7.0, Ranger KMS 0.7.0, Druid 0.10.1, Storm 1.1.0

Services that i expected to see but missing: Apache Calcite 1.2.0, Apache DataFu 1.3.0, Apache Hive 2.1.0, Apache Phoenix 4.7.0, Cascading 3.0.0, Hue 2.6.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hive 2 is not exposed as a service that you add during install. It gets deployed and configured from the Hive config screen. To enable, go to the Hive config screen and flip the "Enable Interactive Query" slider. It will then bring up a popup and guide you through the configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hive 2 is not exposed as a service that you add during install. It gets deployed and configured from the Hive config screen. To enable, go to the Hive config screen and flip the "Enable Interactive Query" slider. It will then bring up a popup and guide you through the configuration.

Expert Contributor
@Sedat Kestepe

Please refer https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/55051/no-hive-21-in-hdp-25.html

I hope that Carter's response in the above articles addresses your query.

Expert Contributor

@Deepesh, @Tamil Selvan K thank you both for your responses. And I thought it was installed as another component like Spark2 came with Spark 1.6 etc. So that means, Hive 2 will replace old 1.2, right?

And what about other components listed in my question? How am I supposed to add them?

Contributor

Please refer https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.3/bk_hive-performance-tuning/content/ch_hive-...

Above link have Prerequisite and steps for HiveServer2 Interactive