Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive DHCP : Using external property file

Super Collaborator

Hi All,

I have seen this article by @Yolanda M. Davis and this pretty much explains how to read static property file in NiFi and use these values within the flow. However, since the properties on Hive Connection pooling service doesn't support expression languages, I think we may not be able to use this approach here.

Having to migrate templates across environments, is there an approach to externalize the DHCP properties like keytab file, principal, jdbc url etc?

Thanks

-ak-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Since a template is XML, you could use an XSLT to replace the values for those properties. Alternatively, scripting languages such as Python and Groovy can handle XML fairly easily, you could write a script to replace the values.

Ideally these properties would support Expression Language, I have written NIFI-3867 to cover this improvement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Since a template is XML, you could use an XSLT to replace the values for those properties. Alternatively, scripting languages such as Python and Groovy can handle XML fairly easily, you could write a script to replace the values.

Ideally these properties would support Expression Language, I have written NIFI-3867 to cover this improvement.

Super Collaborator

Thanks @Matt Burgess. Wanted to be sure if "replace" on the template was a dirty fix.