Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive Error : Postgres: intermittent test failure due to "ERROR: could not serialize access due to read/write dependencies among transactions"

Hello, I'm getting the above error in Hive, which as per the HDP release notes, seems to be a know issue : http://dev.hortonworks.com.s3.amazonaws.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.2.6/HDP_RelNotes_v226/content/re...

This is the bug :

BUG-27637Postgres: intermittent test failure due to "ERROR: could not serialize access due to read/write dependencies among transactions"Hive

But I'm not able to find details about this bug, which issue tracker do I check for the details?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Raghu Udiyar that BUG ID is a Hortonworks internal ID which corresponds to Apache JIRA HIVE-10500

That particular bug has been "backported" to previous versions of Hive in the HDP distribution, so it is fixed in HDP versions 2.2.6 and higher.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Raghu Udiyar that BUG ID is a Hortonworks internal ID which corresponds to Apache JIRA HIVE-10500

That particular bug has been "backported" to previous versions of Hive in the HDP distribution, so it is fixed in HDP versions 2.2.6 and higher.

Ok, Thanks! I'm on HDP 2.2.9, so this should be fixed then. The change log has Apache Jira for some, but not all of the change logs, having Apache Jira ids would really help.

@Ana Gillan We are seeing this error on HDP 2.2.9 when we run to storm hive bolts in parallel. The error goes away when a single bolt is used. Is this expected behaviour?