Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive-Kafka Integration

Hive-Kafka Integration

New Contributor

Hello. I'm trying to do a small training task. I need to connect Hive with Kafka and load data in it. I've made external table for it but I don't understand how to load data in this table. Data's stored in .parquet files. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Hive-Kafka Integration

Master Collaborator

@RuslKor Do you have access to NIFi?

What you describe is a perfect Use Case for NiFi and something I have a lot of recent experience (kafka to hive).  I have also recently worked with NiFi 1.10 and the new Parquet Readers, which can very easily convert parquet to csv & avro for external tables.  Going deeper Nifi can also convert to ORC and insert into Hive native tables.

Perhaps if you comment more on the tools you want to use, myself or other contributors can provide more specific examples or details.

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here