Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive ODBC Connector with Keytab

New Contributor

Dear All,

I would ask to cloudera community and owners to share any information about the opportunity to provide a keytab file in order to be used with the Cloudera ODBC Driver for Windows.

Current version (2.6.4) does support Kerberos but doesn't support the usage of a specific Keytab file.

From the Impala ODBC Connnector I have seen recently has been released a new connector (v2.6.5) That allow to provide a specific user keytab file.

Any help o suggestion would be really (^2) appreciated.

Thanks

Roberto

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
@RobbbyG,

I don't see this feature is on the pipeline yet, but you can workaround it by kinit manually before your ODBC connection, please see the doc here:
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/other/connectors/hive-odbc/latest/Cloudera-ODBC-Driver-for-Ap...

and search for "To obtain a ticket for a Kerberos principal using a keytab file:".

Cheers
Eric

New Contributor

@EricL thanks first of all, i know this option but for my use case is not so simple.

I have a qlik sense server with refresh processes that run on a specific Windows User XXXX (and a Kerberos from windows context).

I would use N ODBC connector for different projects cause every project needs to access a portion of the whole Hive.

The processes of QlikSense are managed by its own internal scheduler and runs with only one, XXXX, service user.

Does anyone managed a such similar scenario?

Thanks

Robbby