Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Hive Shell (Client) is not running muliple servers at single time(able to login only single shell )

Solved Go to solution

Hive Shell (Client) is not running muliple servers at single time(able to login only single shell )

Super Collaborator

Hi Community Team,

can anyone help me to configure hive client to login multiple sessions at single time(using multiple servers). after i exit the one session able to open next session. i have added a new queue in yarn queue manager and added that que in in hive config and also changed the Number of threads used by Compactor = 2 in hive config. can any one suggest how can i do this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hive Shell (Client) is not running muliple servers at single time(able to login only single shell )

Explorer

we can do this by writing client https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient to have multiple connections and use those connections to run queries.

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/default", "", "");

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hive Shell (Client) is not running muliple servers at single time(able to login only single shell )

Explorer

Hi Subhash,

Using hive shell or beeline instance we will be able to connect only one session at a time, but we can run multiple instances of beeline which can connect to different servers.

Super Collaborator

Hi @shiremath,

is any other way to run multiple sessions parllelly to run queries in hive ??

Explorer

we can do this by writing client https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveClient to have multiple connections and use those connections to run queries.

Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/default", "", "");

View solution in original post

@subhash parise This question seems to be about Hive but Spark is also tagged on it.

Can you please explain the scenario that you are trying to enable?

Thanks,

Super Collaborator

Hi @vshukla,

i haven't noticed spark tagging. this question is related to enable multiple hive shell sessions in multiple server at single time.