Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive View Create New Instance

Super Collaborator

Hi!

I'm trying to crate new instance for my hive view, but I couldn't see where the "Create Instance" anywhere on Ambari>Views as stated here in guide below;

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/creating_the_h...

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Michael Dennis "MD" Uanang

There are multiple errors in your logs:

1. Below error indicates that it is not able to locate "/etc/krb5.conf" file. Or may be it is not readable because of incorrect file permission issues.

Caused by: KrbException: Cannot locate default realm
	at sun.security.krb5.Config.getDefaultRealm(Config.java:1029)
	... 93 more

2. Looks like the view is not created properly. YOu shoudl recreate the view using "local cluster" option.

15 Nov 2016 09:02:23,706  WARN [qtp-ambari-client-6023] ViewRegistry:855 - Could not find the cluster identified by OLDclusterNAME.

3. Following error also indicates that you have kerberos installed, but it is not properly installed. See below "KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm"

15 Nov 2016 09:02:23,707 ERROR [qtp-ambari-client-6023] ViewContextImpl:241 - Failed to get username
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor617.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm(KerberosUtil.java:84)
	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getUsername(ViewContextImpl.java:233)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.utils.SharedObjectsFactory.getTagName(SharedObjectsFactory.java:145)

If you are using kerberos then you should setup the "WebHDFS Authentication" and "Hive Authentication" attribute of your HiveView with the principal defined in it as described in the following link:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/section_kerber...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you getting any error in the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log" ?

Is it kerberized error?

Super Collaborator

Hi @jss

1. Yes I'm getting errors. See below;

... 93 more
15 Nov 2016 09:02:23,706  WARN [qtp-ambari-client-6023] ViewRegistry:855 - Could not find the cluster identified by OLDclusterNAME.
15 Nov 2016 09:02:23,707 ERROR [qtp-ambari-client-6023] ViewContextImpl:241 - Failed to get username
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm(KerberosUtil.java:84)
	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getUsername(ViewContextImpl.java:233)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.utils.SharedObjectsFactory.getTagName(SharedObjectsFactory.java:145)

2. I'm not in kerberized mode. :? But I have ranger on my cluster.

There are multiple errors in your logs:

1. Below error indicates that it is not able to locate "/etc/krb5.conf" file. Or may be it is not readable because of incorrect file permission issues.

... 93 more

2. Looks like the view is not created properly. YOu shoudl recreate the view using "local cluster" option.

3. Following error also indicates that you have kerberos installed, but it is not properly installed. See below "KerberosUtil.getDefaultRealm"

If you are using kerberos then you should setup the "WebHDFS Authentication" and "Hive Authentication" attribute of your HiveView with the principal defined in it as described in the following link:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/section_kerber...

Super Collaborator

WOW. Thank you for laying it out for me. For #2, how can I recreate the view? Do I need to resolve issue #1 and #3 first? 🙂