Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Hive View Not working

Hive View Not working

we are currently using Hive view version 1.0 and ambari 2.2.2.0. I have integrated with LDAP and whenever i click on hive view it asks for credentials and i can successfully login and query it. But my ldap password changes for every 4 hours and hive view does not refresh or ask for my ldap credentials again which result in 401 error. Can some one please help me how should i fix this issue. It works fine as long as the initial password is valid. I have tried to clear the browser cache but did not work. How exactly does hive view authenticate

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Hive View Not working

After setting up with ambari with ldap it still does pass through the Hive view for authentication..

You need to update the hive authentication setting in the Ambari View.

auth=NONE;password=${ask_password}

Please refer below link:

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/35332/how-to-configure-ambari-hive-view-instance-with-a....

Highlighted

yes i did that and when i click hive view it asks ldap password. My problem is my ldap password changes for every 4 hours, once i login in to hive view it does not ask for password anymore, well i guess hive view does not refresh when ldap password changes.how to fix this ?

Highlighted

Can someone help me to fix this issue or guide me please

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here