Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive application failing with error - Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

We have a hive application which is failing after 1 hr run with below error: could someone please help me out ?

2020-01-10 01:16:19.288 <TASK_140348225472256-READER_1_1_1> SEVERE: [RR_4035] SQL Error [
Function [INFASQLExecute] failed in adapter [/app/Informatica/v10.2.1/pmserver/plugins/dynamic/hiveruntime/libhive.so] with error code [-1].
FnName: INFASQLExecute -- execute(). SQLException: [java.sql.SQLException: [Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask]]
Function [INFASQLGetDiagRecW] failed in adapter [/app/Informatica/v10.2.1/pmserver/plugins/dynamic/hiveruntime/libhive.so] with error code [100].
FnName: INFASQLExecute -- execute(). SQLException: [java.sql.SQLException: [Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask]]
Function [INFASQLGetDiagRecW] failed in adapter [/app/Informatica/v10.2.1/pmserver/plugins/dynamic/hiveruntime/libhive.so] with error code [100].].

This is over a partition table and the column stats over this column is as below, however we are able to read data from the partitions and also show partitions lists all the partitions:

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Error in getting fields from serde.Invalid Field dcolumn_name

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

I uninstall Cloudera Manager by reference to Cloudera manager uninstall.

Then I install Cloudera Manager again. Hive works well.

I hope this works for you as well.

Regards,

Lewis

@Lewis It is not an option available to me, I am facing the same error on Dev and QA both. It will be close to impossible to get an approval for the re installation of cloudera manager on both environments.