Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive database replication with MySQL Cluster

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I would like to use replication of Hive Metastore database. To do that I installed MySQL Cluster. The problem is that MySQL Cluster needs "ndbcluster" engine for tables to replicate. My default engine is "InnoDB". After converting "hive" tables from "InnoDB" to "ndbcluster" I got strange errors (like "Expected state FINISHED, but found ERROR" or "Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException java.lang.NullPointerException") when I try to insert data to Hive. Is there any way to workaround this? Doesnt hive support "ndbcluster" engine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login

Super Collaborator

@Mats Johansson

Thank you for the answer. I did not mention that, but I want to configure High Availability for MySQL aswell. I am going to try Galera + HAProxy in the immediate future.

New Contributor

@Mats Johansson, could InnoDB Cluster be used then?

New Contributor

Hi

Any update to your work ?I am working on a similar solution with MySQL cluster and NDBcluster storage engine.

I am planning to place a VIP and a DNS in front of the MySQL cluster to act as a load balancer and single point of entry.

I too had to modify the tables and some column types to be able to import the data from InnoDB.

Regard,

Steven

Super Collaborator

I solved the problem by using MySQL master-master replication + MySQL Router as proxy. It works perfect!

Contributor

Hi Edgar,

Do you think MySQL Router is needed when I setup MariaDb galera cluster? As MariaDb galera itself takes care of active server failover.