Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hive jobs are gettign failed "java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://hostname/2-72ad-4bf2-8122-a5579b083298/lucene-core-5.0.0.jar. Failin"

Expert Contributor
Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/2.3.2.0-2950/0/hive-log4j.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://hostname/re-5.0.0.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to \
write too.
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:535)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:677)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:621)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:221)
	at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:136)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://hostname/2-72ad-4bf2-8122-a5579b083298/lucene-core-5.0.0.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to write too.
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.DagUtils.localizeResource(DagUtils.java:980)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.DagUtils.addTempResources(DagUtils.java:860)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.DagUtils.localizeTempFilesFromConf(DagUtils.java:803)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.refreshLocalResourcesFromConf(TezSessionState.java:221)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:148)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:117)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:532)
	... 8 more

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor
xception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Previous writer likely failed to write hdfs://hostname/re-5.0.0.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to \write too.hdfs://hostname/re-5.0.0.jar. Failing because I am unlikely to \

Contributor

We have the same issue with one particular user. The query works fine as other users. I have checked permissions under .hiveJars and the like.